To pitch a story to us, please fill in the form below. If our editorial team is interested in your story we will get back to you with further information.
The Contrapuntal publishes written articles, opinions, photo essays, videos, and fiction pieces that:
- governments discourage from being told or actively suppress;
- mainstream media cannot or do not want to carry;
- provide broader unexplored perspective on stories in a nuanced way;
- increase or alter our understanding of the issues that are either invisiblized or erased;
- transcend narrow boundaries of race, religion, and state, and bring forth people-centric stories.
We may take up to 10 working days to respond to your pitch. Once we accept a pitch, it typically takes 3-4 weeks before it is published. We have a small editorial team, thus limiting the speed at which we can work.
- The desired length for a news reportage should be between 900-1200 words. Feature stories can be up to 1500 words.
- Critical commentaries and opinions should be max. 2000 words.
- It should be written in simple language with limited jargon. Where jargons are used, please explain the same.
- It should be written in a story form or at least have a clear flow.
- Share a couple of relevant pictures with captions to accompany the article.
For the submission of video and photostories, please get in with our digital or commissioning editors.